In lieu of the silent auction that the VDA Foundation has coordinated in recent years during the annual gala, this year it is organizing a “Bail or Jail” Fundraiser to support our nationally-recognized programs: Missions of Mercy (MOM), Donated Dental Services (DDS), and Give Kids A Smile. The fundraiser will honor Dr. Terry Dickinson on his retirement at the close of the year.
In order to honor Dr. Dickinson’s nearly two decades of service to the VDA and his role as creator of the Mission of Mercy (MOM) program, we need your help and leadership.
The “Bail or Jail” fundraiser will work like this:
- Each VDA Component will name a leader who will help recruit donations from membership, or be “jailed” at the Virginia Meeting
- Each Component will seek to raise an average of $10 per member; so for a Component with 50 members, this would only be a total goal of $500 combined
- Prizes will be given for the largest donation made within each individual Component
- Components will have until September 21 to raise funds
- All gifts should be made payable to the VDA Foundation and either mailed or made online at www.vdaf.org/donors noting to which Component is should be attributed
Please contact Tara Quinn with any questions about the fundraiser and make your donation today! Thanks to financial and professional support such as yours, the VDAF helps over 6,500 Virginians access needed dental care each year. This year, we hope to reach even more and to further honor the tremendous impact Dr. Dickinson has had on thousands of our neighbors in need through the Mission of Mercy program he created.