Many thanks to the nearly 100 VDA dentists and VCU dental students who attended the VDA Day on the Hill on January 18! Largely due to the legislative contacts made by members during that day and prior, HB1682 passed the full House on January 21. It is now moving forward to be reviewed by the Senate.
Unable to attend the Day on the Hill? You can still make an impact!
- Thank your Delegate for supporting HB1682 and contact your state Senator today and ask that they support HB1682 and sign on as a co-patron.
- How should you communicate with your legislators?
- Email or mail a personal note to your legislators with a copy of the HB1682 and talking points, which you can access by clicking here..
- Request a meeting with your legislators and meet with them- schedule a visit with them in Richmond or back in the district. Share the information on HB1682 with them during the meeting.
- Call your legislators' offices and ask to speak with an aide or assistant to share the bill information with them over the phone
Need Assistance on finding your legislators and contacting them?
More Information on Advocating in Virginia
A helpful "Citizens Guide" can be found online here: https://www.vpap.org/general-assembly/citizens-guide/
We look forward to seeing and hearing from you in January as we work together towards a positive result through the 45-day General Assembly session. Thank you for being a part of this important effort!
Questions? Contact Laura Givens at email@example.com or 804-523-2185.