A VDA CALL TO ACTION
THE OPPOSITION IS ACTIVATING! Lawyers and lobbyists have been hired to oppose our legislation are actively meeting with General Assembly members doing damage to our common-sense legislation.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
TAKE THESE ACTIONS NOW TO MAKE AN IMPACT.
Step 1 - CALL, EMAIL OR TWEET YOUR REPRESENTATIVES
Using the VDA's Action Center, we need every VDA member to reach out directly to their respective Virginia Senator or Delegate. Our Action Center will guide and help you along the way. It's easy and only takes a few minutes.
CONTACT YOUR REP
Step 2 - REGISTER TO ATTEND THE VDA LOBBY DAY AND LEGISLATIVE RECEPTION
January 16-17, 2020
Critically important to discuss our top issues in-person with Virginia's elected officials.
WHAT DOES THE VDA'S BILL DO?
- DEFINES teledentistry, thus creating nexus and direct oversight with the VA Board of Dentistry
- ESTABLISHES requirements for a dentist-patient relationship
- CLARIFIES that a digital scan is the practice of dentistry - a scan is both diagnosis AND treatment (Once a scanned image is used for diagnosis and fabrication of an aligner meant to move teeth, it's the practice of dentistry.)
- PROVIDES privacy protection of all digital files
- CREATES regulatory protection for patients