An important update from HHS on the provider relief fund (PRF).
Phase 3 of the PRF distribution will be opened October 5 and goes through November 6, 2020.
Phase 3 will have a few impacts:
- Newly eligible: Dentists who began practicing January 1 – March 30, 2020.
- Add-on Payment: All dentists who previously received, rejected or accepted payment from the Provider Relief Fund are going to be able to submit more information to become eligible for an additional payment.
- This is meant to support providers who have been most significantly impacted by COVID-19, as measured by changes in their revenues and expenses from patient care.
- Corrections: All dentists who previously received, rejected or accepted a General Distribution Provider Relief Fund payment and did not previously receive approximately 2% of annual revenues from patient care, they will now receive this amount consistent with prior general distributions, plus their Phase 3 allocation.
Providers are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible to expedite the calculation and distribution of payments. Providers should apply if they have lost revenues and/or increased expenses attributable to COVID-19 that have not been reimbursed by other sources.
- Most recent federal income tax return for 2017, 2018, or 2019, unless exempt
- Revenue worksheet (if required by Field 15)
- Operating revenues and expenses from patient care
Note: Providers will need to submit a new application, even if they previously submitted revenue details for a prior PRF distribution; the application has been updated to include some additional data entries in order to calculate payment based on financial impact of COVID-19.