Virginia Dentists Newly Eligible to Apply for up to $100,000 from Rebuild VA Grants

Governor Northam announced today that he has expanded the eligibility requirements for the Rebuild VA small business grants to include dentists. The VDA has urged his administration to consider the ongoing impact that the coronavirus has had on oral healthcare providers and to expand the eligibility to include their small businesses. Not all dental offices may meet the criteria or have eligible expenses. If your office chooses to apply, please carefully read the requirements at

Dental offices that received funding from the federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act are still eligible to receive grants of up to $100,000. Businesses that have received federal funds must certify that they will only use the Rebuild VA grant for recurring expenses and that the grant will not be used to cover the same expenses as the other CARES Act funds.

Rebuild VA funding may be utilized for the following eligible expenses: 

  • Payroll support, including paid sick, medical, or family leave, and costs related to the continuation of group health care benefits during those periods of leave;
  • Employee salaries;
  • Mortgage payments, rent, and utilities;
  • Principal and interest payments for any business loans from national or state-chartered banking, savings and loan institutions, or credit unions, that were incurred before or during the emergency;
  • Eligible personal protective equipment, cleaning and disinfecting materials, or other working capital needed to address COVID-19 response.

Can I apply for the grant if I’ve received CARES Act funding?
Yes, Small businesses that received CARES Act emergency funding are now eligible to apply for reimbursement of these eligible business operating expenses: 

  • Payroll and benefits 
  • Mortgage payments 
  • Rent or Lease payments 
  • Utilities 
  • Principal and interest payments for business loans incurred before or during the emergency

I don’t have a DUNS number. Do I need to apply for one?
Yes, the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Substitute W-9 Form with Taxpayer Identification Number and D-U-N-S is required to process a payment check. You can get a D-U-N-S Number here:

Questions about your application? First, check the FAQ on the Governor’s site and the application guide. If you don’t see the answer you’re looking for there, let us know by emailing and we will work to find an answer for you.

​For additional information about Rebuild VA, expanded eligibility criteria, covered expenses, required documentation and filing instructions, visit

**This has been a breaking news announcement and we will provide more information for members as it becomes available**