The improved VDA Career Center is the most effective way to connect employers to qualified dental professionals across all disciplines and career stages.
“The dental team makes the dental practice, and I encourage all VDA members who are considering hiring, looking for new opportunities or want to stay up-to-date on the competitive dental job market to take advantage of this new member benefit and create a profile,” said VDA President Scott Berman, DDS. “The new functionality in the career center will not only help connect employers and job seekers but will make it easier to find the right match from the start for both practice owners and team members.”
The VDA Career Center provides many benefits to employers to help them recruit the top dental professionals for their organizations:
- Post Your Job Openings: VDA members receive significant discounts on all services offered through the VDA Career Center.
- Add Your Job Opening to our Job Alerts™ Email: Employers can include their open positions in a semi-monthly email sent to all VDA practicing members and job seekers, allowing them to reach both active and passive job seekers by putting open jobs directly in the inboxes of qualified VDA members.
- Search Resumes: Along with giving an avenue for members to find their perfect job, employers are also able to search the anonymous resume bank of qualified candidates. This puts the employer in control of finding quality talent as opposed to waiting for quality talent to find them.
The VDA Career Center provides excellent value to job-seeking dental professionals:
- Post your Resume: VDA members can post multiple resumes and cover letters or choose a career profile that leads employers directly to them. The VDA Career Center provides numerous opportunities to bring jobs directly to job seekers by uploading public resumes and utilizing Job Alerts. When a resume is set as “public”, employers can view the candidate’s resume. When they are interested in reaching out to the candidate, the employer completes a contact request form. If the candidate is interested in the company, their contact information is released to the employer. If not, they reject the request which keeps the anonymity of the candidate.
- Sign Up for Job Alerts™: Job Alerts assist in making job searching convenient and accommodating to dental professionals’ busy schedules. When set up, job seekers receive an email every time a job becomes available that matches their desired interests and locations. Job-seeking VDA members can also search the jobs database with robust filters to focus on their specific interests.
- Resources: Along with seamless searching for jobs, members also have access to career resources. They can access resume writing tips, interview tips, sample resumes, answers to experts’ frequently asked questions, and more.
For more information and to start the journey to enhance your career or practice, please visit the VDA Career Center at careers.vadental.org.