Skip To The Main Content

Advocate for Your Patients and Our Profession

Each year, policy issues affecting dentistry are considered and debated in the United States Congress and the Virginia General Assembly.  Lend your voice and make sure the right decisions are made. Get involved in the legislative process, participate in grassroots initiatives and/or support the Virginia Dental Political Action Committee (VADPAC) and the American Dental Political Action Committee (ADPAC). 

As with most special interest entities, strength lies in numbers.  When a legislator hears from a VDA member dentist, he or she knows that behind that voice is an entire membership concerned with that particular issue. When you get involved in legislative and public policy, we all see the benefits in quality patient care, our businesses and across our profession!

Regulatory Resources

Do you have questions pertaining to licensure, anesthesia, CE, PMP, dental hygienists, dental assistants II or any other regulations specific to dentistry?

Contact: Virginia Board of Dentistry
Perimeter Center
9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300
Henrico, VA 23233-1463

Phone: (804) 367-4538


Do you have questions pertaining to office employee safety and health training, standards re: bloodborne pathogens, sterilization of equipment or waste management? 

Contact: Occupational and Health Administration (OSHA)

US Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration
Phone: 800-321-6742


Virginia Department of Labor and Industry
Phone: 804-371-2327

Do you have questions pertaining to the requirements for securing your patients’ personal and health information?

Contact: Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)

US Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
Toll Free Call Center: 1-800-368-1019
TTD Number: 1-800-537-7697

ADA Assistance on HIPAA: 

Do you have questions pertaining to your DEA license?

Contact: Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)


Do you have questions pertaining to amalgam separator requirements, fluoridation of water or other issues in your office affecting the environment?

Contact: EPA or DEQ

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)

The Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
Phone: 804-698-4000


The ADA also has many resources on the amalgam guidelines and rules.