The ADA will host an April 25 webinar that addresses the opioid crisis and the practitioners’ role in the Drug Enforcement Administration’s closed system and diversion of prescription opioids.
Speaker Loren T. Miller, associate section chief of the Policy and Liaison Section in the DEA’s Diversion Control Division, will lead the discussion.
The free webinar, Federal Law, Regulations and the Dispensing of Controlled Substances, will cover:
- The controlled substances most commonly abused.
- The closed system of distribution enforced by the DEA.
- The importance of inventories, records, reports and inspections.
- How to recognize and prevent common methods of diversion.
- Introducing resources available to practitioners.
Mr. Miller began his DEA career as a field diversion investigator in the agency’s Indianapolis office in 1986. He has since served as a group supervisor in Chicago and Arlington, Va., where he served as a unit chief until 2014. Between 2014 and 2016, Mr. Miller served as the unit chief over the Processing Operations Unit in the DEA Diversion Control Division’s Registration and Program Support Section, which handles the registration and reregistration of the DEA’s 1.7 million registrants.
Participants in the live webinar session are eligible for one hour of continuing education. Register here.